Saturday, December 6, 2008

Detox--Day Twenty Three

Breakfast
9:30 Shake


Lunch

11:40 Shake

Chicken Soup--chicken, garlic, onions, quinoa, spinach, mushrooms, marjoram, parsley

Dinner

5:30 Shake

Duck, garlic, marjoram, parsley
My youngest was getting grossed out as she watched me pull stuff out of the bird before throwing it into the oven. Honestly, at that age, I had felt the same way several times when I'd watch my mom prepare turkey for Thanksgiving. Ditto the first time I actually did it, but imagining myself having done it many times by watching my mom helped.

The thing with it being
duck is a very different story. I had a beloved pet duck while growing up that was given to me as a birthday present by a friend. Unfortunately, we could only keep him for a few months because we were zoned residential..., and had to bring him to a farm... . :-( My great aunt and parents had tricked me into tasting "kacsa" (Hungarian), but in Switzerland, I bravely ordered "caneton" (French) to try it.
Yup, I did that with escargot, too, in a soup while in the Bahamas. Kind of rubbery, but not bad. Still, I had to keep the word "snail" out of my thoughts while eating it! Motivation: I had
kinda regretted not trying turtle soup when our neighbors made it and invited anyone who wanted to try this possibly once-in-a-lifetime entree. Hey, I'm not gonna fix either of those for supper!!! :-P
Oh, and rabbit--the day I made it for the first time (while on my first detox) was a few days after watching a bunch of crows raid, kill, and devour a nest full of newborn baby bunnies, which made me positively sick. I had witnessed the parents build their nest by the side of the house, and watched a couple younger rabbits leaping around as the dad gingerly checked on the mom either while or after the babies were born.
I hope this isn't grossing anyone else out! This kind of talk always makes me want to consider becoming a vegetarian!!!


Water: 12345? I feel parched, but I often am in the winter--in a different way than in the summer--probably 'cuz the house gets dry with the heat on. :-P

Activity: Baking and cleaning??? :-P

No comments:

Visitors

http://damselsdetoxdiary.blogspot.com/