Sunday, December 21, 2008

Detox--Day Thirty Eight

Breakfast
8:00 Shake with Ultra Clear Sustain and Unipro Protein
1 Quinoa Waffle and maple syrup, see recipe below

Our church's youth group (which two of our children are involved in, as is my hubby) had a pancake breakfast fundraiser going on, this morning. So, as they were preparing for their breakfast at church, I was making my favorite gluten-free waffles as a treat for me at home! As you can tell by my posts, I'm not really much of a breakfast eater after the shake which pretty much fills me up. (So do the glasses of water!) But your nutrition is all in the shake and easily digested, so that's all good. :-)

Lunch
1:40 Shake with Ultra Clear Sustain and Unipro Protein
2 Quinoa Waffles with maple syrup

Dinner
5:00 Shake with Ultra Clear Sustain and Unipro Protein

I was making cheeseballs for Christmas and had to taste both versions I made of them after accidentally shaking too much garlic salt in one of them. Of course I had to make sure I got the other one right since I can't count on anyone else's taste buds but my own. :-} Soooo, I (cringe!) ate some sour cream, cream cheese, scallions, dried onions, Canadian bacon, cheese, garlic salt, gluten-free Worchshire sauce, parsley, cayanne pepper, and walnuts. I was making these balls right before running out the door to go to our daughter's high school orchestra concert.

This recipe for Quinoa Waffles is from The Complete Food Allergy Cookbook by Marilyn Gioannini:

3/4 C Quinoa flour
Baking Powder
Cinnamon
Apple juice (I used cider)
Oil (I used olive oil)
Honey
1 Apple, grated

Water: 1234???
Activity: None

No comments:

Visitors

http://damselsdetoxdiary.blogspot.com/