Tuesday, November 11, 2008

This will be my third detox using Metagenics products. It literally saved my life.

It's been almost two years since I last did a detox, and it's long overdue. My stomach's been whining and complaining to me for months, and the constant discomfort and feeling really blah has convinced my hubby to say, "It's time."

I've also been more than a little lethargic; the other day I finally dragged myself out of bed at 11:30am!!! It could very well have been the storm front that was creeping upon us, the colder weather that's settling in, the chronic anemia, adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue, or fibromyalgia that plague me. Another unwelcome constant companion is chronic pain due to chronic myofascial pain. I'm honestly not complaining. I've accepted these life-long, er, "companions" and have learned to look beyond them. And, besides, these kind of things build character! :-)

Seven years ago, when I was 39 years old, I was a wreck, physically. My doc in Chicago validated my lethargy when an Energy Level Panel test, done through Great Smokies Diagnostic Labs, (now known as Genova Diagnostics), verifying that my mitochondria was not being fed. Other tests revealed that I had high levels of Uranium, Lead, Aluminum, Tin, and Strontium. Food allergy testing showed that 77 out of 88 foods I was tested for I was either intolerant or allergic to! And anything I put into my mouth made my stomach turn, even water!!! At that time, this doc told me he couldn't help when it came to nutritional support. I was extremely thankful for what he was able to help me with, as well as the informative tests he ran. My traditional docs had already given up on me, saying they had no idea what to do to help. Fortunately, my friend, Dr. Devin Starlanyl did, and gave me the name of two docs in my area she highly recommended.

Processed foods, junk foods, and getting gluten contamination are some reasons my liver has been working overtime, and it's ready for a well-deserved break!

No comments:

Visitors

http://damselsdetoxdiary.blogspot.com/