Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My First Detox

Almost seven years ago, I started my first detox with Metagenics products and a super chiropractor/nutritionist doc. I was very, very, very ill, and my traditional medical docs didn't know what to do for me. My fingertips were a dusky brownish color, not healthy pink. I could not walk halfway out into our backyard without my legs getting heavy and cramping, and being short of breath. Eating was exhausting and a real chore--I had to force myself to eat, but all that effort literally went in one end and out the other due to mal absorption. I lost weight, and I was thin to begin with.

Also, every month when I started ovulating, I got sick, and then sicker with each new month. My friend, Dr. Devin Starlanyl, told me it wasn't coincidental, that there must be a hormonal issue. It was a very frightening time in my life. When my three very young children needed me the most, I was barely even there for them. I was dying and I was only 39 years old!

My doc put me on several enzymes to help aid digestion, which was clearly a problem. The liquid detox was much easier to take, and since it's very easily absorbed nutritional food, my body was getting what it needed even if that was the only thing I could "eat". The tiring part for me was actually making the detox shake. But it was worth it!

After being on this for only about two weeks, I was feeling stronger, more alert, and my fingertips were losing that dirty, tinged look and were turning pink! Within a month, I was allowed to start exercising by taking walks. Two months after starting the detox, we went to Matthiessen State Park, got lost on one of the trails, and ended up walking for three hours!!! (I think I was the only one happy about that!) The thrilling thing is I could have kept going!!!

It was nearly two years later when I finally finished the detox. It was an extremely long time, but it was very necessary for me. Was it expensive? Yes. Was it worth it? Very much so. My hubby still tells me that was the healthiest he's ever seen me in the 17 years we've been married.

No comments:

Visitors

http://damselsdetoxdiary.blogspot.com/