Friday, November 14, 2008

Detox--Day One

I'm feeling really miserable physically for the second time this week. It mainly has to do with storm fronts/barometric pressure that have figuratively been pummeling our area, or more accurately, me! My doc reminded me on Wednesday that low pressure systems are going to make anyone with Fibromyalgia feel really lousy. Pain levels up, increased cognitive difficulties, face feeling like it's going to explode, headache, and body-wide achiness. Draggy, lethargic, debilitated. It drives me nuts because there's so much I need to do, yet I can't do it. A long, hot, steamy shower would help, but it takes a lot of effort to even do that, and then I'm left exhausted.

Breakfast
Crawling out of bed at 10am, I had my first breakfast shake at 11am. I can't eat when I first get up in the mornings, even if I've been awake and am just vegetating. I hate feeling like a slug, and always feel guilty when I don't "rise above" the "blah" and lethargy and act like a normal person would. But this unfortunately is normal for me, especially this time of the year. While it may be a "bad" day for me physically, it's one that I still can--and do--rejoice in the Lord.

Lunch
I took my second shake at 1:15 even though I wasn't hungry, then took a nice long shower. My stomach now feels happy, relaxed, and calm. It gets that way when I've eaten totally gluten -free meals, especially at our friend Olive's home, and also at her daughter's gluten-free, allergy-free reception and dinner which was catered by her friend, Sueson Vess.

Snack
Even though I wasn't hungry, I had three kiwi around 3:30.

Dinner
Took third shake at 5:00, and had acorn squash with olive oil. My kids aren't big fans of squash, so this is a treat for me! (Actually, don't tell them I snuck it into their stew tonight, okay?)

Glasses of water: 4
Activity: None

No comments:

Visitors

http://damselsdetoxdiary.blogspot.com/